Hosting a crowd over the holidays? Pomegranate punch is a delicious drink to have on the menu when entertaining.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Redpath Granulated White Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 12 1/8 inch slices of fresh ginger
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) fresh mint
- 6 cups (1500 mL) pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) apricot nectar
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) club soda
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate (for garnish; optional)
How to prepare:
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together sugar, water, and ginger. Mix until sugar dissolves, then remove from heat and add the fresh mint. Let the syrup mixture sit for 30 minutes.
2. Strain the ginger and mint from the syrup.
3. In your desired punch bowl, mix together the syrup, pomegranate juice, nectar, and club soda. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.