Eggnog is a tradtional Holiday Sip, but we thought it might be sweet to make a vegan version. Since Redpath Sugar does not use bone char to clean its sugar, it makes the perfect treat for vegans or vegetarians.
What you need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 14oz (414 mL) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Redpath Granulated White Sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground nutmeg (375 mL)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground cloves
- 3 1/3 cup (825 mL) almond milk
How to prepare:
1. Place avocado and coconut milk in the freezer for about 45 minutes – 1 hour prior to blending. They need to be really cold in order for the recipe to turn out properly.
2. Place all the ingredients except for the almond milk into the blender and blend on high until well combined, pausing the blender as needed to scrape down the sides. Once blended, slowly add the almond milk and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from The Sweetest Vegan.