This Candy Cane Milkshake is a delicious treat that tastes of our favourite winter candy. For a little added crunch, add some crushed candy canes on top of this delightfully dreamy milkshake.
Candy Cane Milkshake
What you need:
For the milkshake
- 1 – 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) candy cane simple syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) Redpath Granulated White Sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 3 candy canes (broken in large pieces)
How to prepare:
1. In a saucepan bring the sugar, water and candy cane pieces to a boil. Lower the heat and allow mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat (leaving the candy cane sticks in the mixture) and let cool for 2-3 hours.
3. Pour into desired storing container and leave one candy cane piece in.
4. Once candy cane simple syrup is cooled, place all the milkshake ingredients in a blender, then blend on high until smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy.