We love dipping our gingerbread men in a cold glass of milk… but how about a gingerbread milkshake? This cold treat will have you hopping and bopping with holiday cheer.
What you need:
For the milkshake
- 1 – 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon simple syrup (see recipe below)
- crushed gingerbread cookies (for garnish; optional)
- Redpath Cinnamon Sugar Shaker (for garnish)
For cinnamon simple syrup:
- 1 cup (250 mL) Redpath Granulated White Sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 5 cinnamon sticks
How to prepare:
1. In a saucepan bring the sugar, water and cinnamon sticks to a boil. Lower the heat and allow mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat (leaving the cinnamon sticks in the mixture) and let cool for 2-3 hours.
3. Pour into desired storing container and leave one cinnamon stick in.
4. Once the simple syrup has cooled, place all the milkshake ingredients in in the blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses, top with crushed gingerbread cookies (if using) and sprinkle with Redpath Cinnamon Sugar Shaker. Serve immediately and enjoy.