If you’ve never made browned butter before, never fear, it’s easy and straightforward, and it will bring your cookies to a whole new level of deliciousness! These cookies are particularly rich, and go best with a tall glass of cold milk.
Browned Butter Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you need:
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Redpath Granulated White Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) Redpath Golden Yellow Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dark chocolate chips
How to prepare:
1. Melt the butter in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Cook slowly until browned, stirring constantly, about five minutes. When the butter begins to brown, it will fill your kitchen with a delicious scent like toasted nuts, and the butter will darken in colour. Set aside and cool.
2. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. Mix together the Redpath Granulated White Sugar and Redpath Golden Yellow Sugar, then pour in the cooled browned butter and beat together until creamy.
4. Add the egg, egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
5. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
6. Stir in all of the chocolate chips.
7. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill the dough for a minimum of 1 hour, ideally overnight.
8. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
9. Using a sturdy spoon, scoop approximately 1 tbsp of dough from the bowl and roll into a ball. Place onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
10. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 5 minutes and rotating the baking sheet for even browning.
11. Cool completely on wire racks and store in an airtight container.