Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups (207 g) pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
- 2 tbsp (28 g) Redpath Cinnamon Sugar Shaker
- 2 tbsp (28 g) Redpath Granulated Sugar (optional)
- 1/4 tsp (1 g) salt
How to prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Slice your pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds, separating them from the pulp. Discard the pulp and rinse the seeds under water, then pat dry with a paper towel. Don’t fret if there is a little but of pumpkin pulp left on the seeds, as it will add additional flavour.
3. In a medium sized bowl, toss the seeds with melted butter, Redpath Cinnamon Sugar Shaker, and salt. For a slightly sweeter treat, add a few tablespoons of granulated sugar.
4. Spead the seeds out on the prepared baking tray as evenly as possible.
5. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown. It is best to turn the seeds every 10 minutes to get them evenly roasted and prevent them from burning. Let the roasted seeds cool completely before serving.