Indulge in this extra-decadent popcorn with friends at your next movie night – we guarantee it will be a hit!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Caramel Corn
What you need:
- 20 cups (5000 mL) popped popcorn
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) butter
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Redpath Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) of vanilla
- 1 cup (250 mL) salted peanuts
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) chocolate chips
How to prepare:
1. Place popped popcorn on a parchment lined baking tray. Heat oven to 250°F (121°C).
2. In a medium sized pot combine butter, brown sugar and salt. Use a candy thermometer and bring the mixture to 235°F (113°C).
3. Once the butter, sugar and salt have reached 235°F (113°C) on a candy thermometer, remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour this over the popcorn. Use a wooden spoon to move the popcorn around to get an even coat.
4. Bake the popcorn for one hour. Every 15 minutes remove from oven and stir the popcorn to ensure even baking.
5. Let cool and melt chocolate chips. Stir in salted peanuts and drizzle melted chocolate overtop of the cooled popcorn.
6. Place popcorn in refrigerator or freezer until chocolate is set. Once set break into pieces and serve.