This strawberry spinach salad is a classic, and it’s not hard to see why – it hits all the right notes with the sweet strawberries, toasted nuts, and salty feta. The sweet and tangy balsamic vinaigrette brings it all together perfectly, although it will go just as well over any other combination of greens. Feel free to mix up the salad ingredients to suit your own tastes.
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
What you need:
For the Salad:
- 4 cups (120 g) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup (120 g) sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup (55 g) toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup (112 g) feta cheese, crumbled
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 (50 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 g) Redpath Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp (8 g) minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) olive oil
How to Prepare:
For the Vinaigrette:
1. In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper until the sugar and salt has dissolved, then whisk in the oil. Quick Tip: Instead of mincing your garlic with a knife, grate it using a microplane for an extra fine texture.
2. Taste and season vinaigrette with salt and pepper if you so desire. Keep dressing stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one month.
For the Salad:
1. Toss together the spinach, sliced strawberries, and toasted pecans. Crumble feta over top. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette and serve immediately.