Potato salad is a classic summer dish. It’s just made to be enjoyed outside with family, friends, and some barbecue.
What you need
- 2 bags (3 cups) (650 g) of 24 mini potatoes
- 1 ½ cups (354 ml) prepared mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (44 ml) white vinegar
- 1 tbsp (5 g) yellow mustard
- 1 ½ tsp (2 g) celery seed
- 3 tbsp (45 g) Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 5 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- paprika, sliced chives, and radishes for garnish
Yield: 6 portions
Active Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook and Resting Time: 15 minutes
- You can prepare the potatoes up to two days ahead of time and combine with dressing to save time.
How to prepare
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium high and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a paring knife. Drain water and let cool until you can handle the potatoes.
- Peel the skins from the potatoes and cut in half. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, white vinegar, yellow mustard, celery seed, Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the potatoes, celery, and green onions. Chop four of the hard boiled eggs, add to the potato mixture, and mix very well to coat.
- Slice the last egg into thin slices and place them on top of the salad. Chill for at least 1 hour or overnight before serving. Top with paprika, sliced chives, and radishes.